Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Gay Men, Homeless Men, and Men who just plain left early...

hello... I would say it louder but my throat is hurting from all the shouting I did at the RDB/ Jay Sean concert and Boston Bhangra Concert. Which I will get into as soon as I finish telling you about my week leading up to this jam packed weekend.

WEDNESDAY:
I was studying with Nate in the library for my microbiology midterm and my lab practical also on the same god forsaken day...As I was wondering around the unnaturally populated library trying to get my brain back into study mode I spotted Afjal and quietly crept up on him as he used the computers in the library. After checking our e-mails, we wandered over to Rishi, Tina, Pearl, and Binita who were all studying together. We happened to walk by when they were taking a chocolate break. Something about training them to work harder with food...Woof..Sit boy.

After a while, we decided we would go and study... Yes as if that was possible. We met up with Nate again and studied quietly and studiously for about 10 minutes until Rishi joined us at our table, then Raj and Bicky joined us, then two girls giving out free promotional bottles of Red Bull came over. We decided to give up studying for the moment and sat around and discussed what everyone's secret passion was... mine includes being doused in liquid chocolate and.. Oh sorry I forgot you guys were still there reading... Ahem.. clearing throat.. Where was I. Oh yes, back to my productive studying habits this semester. We then decided to take a dinner break and reconvene at 11 PM at my apartment to study further.

So we broke off, Rishi went back to the apartment, while Raj, Jale, and I decided to eat at Boston Shwarma. The food was okay.. a bit on the oily side for me, but the salad was really good especially the tomatoes. Let me tell you about that adventure. I swear everything I set out to do, turns into an adventure by the time I am done with it. Hmph!

We were sitting at a table conversing about having a "good" pen makes a "good" signature when a deranged homeless man decides to move a tad bit too close into my personal space in the restaurant. Let's ignore the fact that his face looked like he just finished auditioning for the re-make of the Jason Horror Series, and the obvious fact that he maybe hadn't showered in a longer time than most Jewish people I know. Just kidding, don't get your threads in a knot.. Okay I am seriously joking now. Moving past that... he decides this is the perfect restaurant and we are the perfect group of college kids to ask for money. Being equally as deranged as the homeless man, I gave him some money and he walked away not before knocking on the window before passing by and flashing me his toothless grin, his way of conveying his gratitude.

Jane says "I attract retarded people towards me".. Abizer says "Stop talking to strangers" and Jale says "I can't save the world" when you put everything everyone says to me together you develop a headache like I do at times..But I can't help it. I feel compelled to help them out. I feel bad. It's as simple as that. I grew up with whatever I wanted given to me, and never had to go a day without food or a warm home. These unfortunate individuals have neither. So if I give them a dollar, here and there, it can't hurt. Right? I don't know.. you can call me crazy but my heart ache's when I see another person beg. There is nothing more degrading.. you have to leave all humiliation and self respect at bay while you resort to begging.

After eating we headed back to my apartment where Jale, Nate, Jane and I talked some more and then decided to watch Desperado with Antonio Banderas, (Just on a side note my mom met him and his wife last night while watching a play in NYC). After everyone left, I sat down and studied until 4AM... slept till 6AM and then woke and studied till 12:30PM.. Hopefully I did okay.


THURSDAY:
After all of my tests I was mentally traumatized. But as lady luck would have it I didn't even have the time to drain the leaking spinal fluid out of my crooked back which developed from hunching over exams all day as I had to run to UNO's for Ami's birthday celebration. Since I get out of class at 5:40 and the party started at 6 its needless to say that we were embarrassingly late but we all looked very sexy and squeaky clean. Well I never got a compliment on how I looked... Unlike the other two devilish broods I was with but I can only hope I looked somewhat on par...Sigh.

Like I said lady luck seemed to have it out for me. I hadn't eaten all day and was thrilled to sit down and enjoy a relaxing dinner with friends. But we had forgotten in the commotion to "hang" the decorations and "set up" the cake, so I volunteered to run over and fetch the last minute items. I got the said items, stuck them into a cab only knocking the driver a few times in the head with the giant purple and pink princess balloon, and lugged them into my apartment. I more or less am pretty slow since I missed dinner and ended up having some cold chicken and broccoli fettucine leftovers. I should run next time.... since I was really looking forward to the chocolate cookie sundae. Since I missed dinner, I waited in my apartment for the birthday girl to come over and blow out her candles, which due to the lack of things to do on my part were aligned in a ruler straight line, with exact 90 degree perpendicular angles.. Weirdo I swear.

After the rather crazed birthday cake ritual that has developed as of this year, we all headed to Caprice for a Bhangra competition pre-party. It was a sweaty, Indian smelling party where even if you weren't dancing were pushed along with the beat of the music. The night was full of interesting developments...Ami thinking I needed a shower with her drink, Emeka giving Jane a lap dance much to her protest, Ami and I witnessing a police raid in the women's room, some man trying to attack my shoulder, Jane using her "bouncer contacts" to get Jessica and her sister into the club, LBC bhangra team's twin boys being repeatively introduced to Roshanee and I, someone thinking we owned the club, and my personal favorite, Ami getting in the man's face for asking me for a piece of gum.. (she didn't know he was just asking for gum, but it was quite funny to watch her in action).

FRIDAY, SATURDAY, and SUNDAY updates to follow soon...Bye.

On a totally different track. Here is a picture of my mom and me from the cruise my family took in the summer to Bahamas.


and here is a photo of me.. looking kush and content with life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home