Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Call me when you are Sober

Goodmorning Boston,

Well it's 3:01AM and it's no surprise that I am still awake. I usually don't sleep until 4-5ish. So I still have some time.

So my weekend was fun. I went home to Jersey for a wedding. Is it just me or is everyone getting married or engaged. What have I started. The wedding ceremony was about 2 hours long and I think towards the end when I turned around no one was left in the hall. Can you imagine going through your wedding nuptials and turning to find an empty hall. Bummer right?? I would have ran away too but I was in the second row which would have been very obvious if I had gotten up. The reception was not without its highlights as well. Such as leeche martini's, Sachin singing "Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi and Madonna" in memory of Abizer's destroyed Dolce and Gabbana tie, Sethi being stared at, Shivani's impromptu speech, and Neal's thunderous clapping. Overall, it was a lot of fun even though the party itself could have been better planned and executed.

Another thing which has been on my mind as of late is the utter decline of one's self confidence when in a destructive relationship. (No not me, I am actually in a healthy relationship where I actually get confidence to be who I am) I am talking about one of my dear friends. Well once regarded as a dear friend. She has since severed all ties with us (the group of friends who used to hang out) since her current boyfriend has created havoc in her life. The funny thing is she blames us for not understanding. You guys tell me.. A) no trust in a relationship, is that my fault?? B) having no trust can only led to insecurities, no?? C) when eventually they change from insecurities to jealousy, the relationship will hang by its bare teeth D) how am I to blame for its eventual demise??

As a friend, you are the epitome of support, not to mention a constant in their lives. But when you are no longer needed but are instead discarded then why stand around for the abuse. You too move on and nourish relationships, which will one day bloom into a life long friendship.

My interpretation of a destructive relationship...


2/3 of American's don't have someone they can call a confidant. As a result they are succumbing to making their "partners" their confidant's ruining the balance between lover and friend. The burden simply gets too big to be everything to a person. Like my ceiling which finally erupted so will man one day.

Good bye Boston....... 3:26AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home