Monday, November 06, 2006

Candle Pin Bowling, Umrao Jaan, and Shopping

Guess who's back?

This past weekend was what I would define as a very adventurous one. On Friday, we decided to see the movie Prestige, the one about the competitive magician's. No one thought to buy tickets beforehand so once we got there, parked, trudged out of the car and stood in line, we realized it was sold out. Who would have thought such an ostracity could occur on a Friday night. Hmph. So the idea of bowling was thrown out and like hungry puppies we took the bait. So I went bowling with Rosh, Jane, Shivani, Sejal, Amrita and Afjal. Poor Afjal was the only guy among all of us girls. Actually I would consider that extremely lucky, since we all are such ravishing beauties. Cough cough. Sorry I started laughing and started to choke on my tongue... We went to this joint called Boston Bowl. Now if you look up "gang-haven" in the dictionary you would find this places picture under the entry. It was crawling with "ghetto"-ified individuals. I figured if I wasn't assaulted by the corn roll clad individual behind the counter I would definitely get beaten up by the Mitsubishi driving Asian individual.

They are open 24 hours and at 10:30 PM we had to wait 30min for candle pin and 1.5hours for regular bowling. We decided to try our luck at candle pin. Now for those of you haven't played this game before, let me explain. The pins are thin, and sausage like. The ball is the same size as a coconut. Are you visualizing the trauma we all endured trying to get our small coconuts to hit the anorexic pin. Afjal then came up with idea of rolling 3 balls in succession one after another before the pins got reset. Watching this sight, I don't think I laughed as much as I did that night.

Some of our highlights included: Sejal kicking our butts, Afjal inventing a new way to get a high score, a man with a gun asking us to move ( we didn't move, we scattered like roaches), Roshanee screaming in an Army officer's face, Jane chucking her purse, Amrita showing us the in's and out's of dressing like a man in sweats, and men named Pinkerly or something like that.

On Saturday, we had decided to watch Umrao Jaan. Only problem was getting there, since it wasn't in Boston. It took us over an hour to get there by public transportation, since that was the day they stopped running the trains all the way so we had to take a shuttle. Rishi, Amrita, Sejal, Afjal, and I traveled from NU, Roshanee and Jane traveled from Braintree, and Namrata, Sneha, Viral, and Minney traveled by car. I think I can safely say we had a big crowd.

After the movie which was wonderful and starred Abhishek and Aishwaria, we went to Bertucci's. The movie was a tad bit depressive, but their on screen chemistry had most of the women craving and the men lusting for more.

Aishwaria Rai as Umrao Jaan:

A movie poster of our star in blue, a color of loneliness just on a side note. Also did you know that Abhishek attended BU Business school. Go Boston!!:


The movie, dinner, and the ride back consisted of: spending 45 minutes trying to decipher the bill, Afjal actually being nice to me, Amrita and Afjal texting about me back and forth, me realizing that I put baby oil in my hair instead of gel, having more drinks on the bill than entrees, being verbally assaulted by a drunk man on the shuttle ride home (he wanted to put a ice pick in the back of our necks....I kid you not), browsing the aisles of Blockbluster, writing with a Sharpie marker on Geetha's forearm while she was passed out that we love her, watching The Omen with a bunch of 20 something year olds shivering to death, climbing up mountainous terrain to get to our destination in my leopard flats, and being attacked for my Poly-O string cheese.

Sunday, thankfully, was a bit calmer. I went shopping at Prudential to get something for all the November birthday individuals, but found nothing. Bummer. Well it's 6:04AM and I really should sleep since I have a 9:15AM class. Eek!

Before I go thought I would share some photo's that were dear to me.
This one is a throwback from Penn Damaka:

This one is a collage Abizer made for me one day:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home