Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Useless Update..

Oof I'm tired.. from doing nothing really. Sad I know. I think its the heat.. I prefer when its cold anyhow. My hair likes it better too...it doesn't frizz up like a chia pet. Did I mention I got it straightened like Roshanee's. Yup yup. My hair is now like Indian Barbie's.
So I am currently writing my thank you cards. It is one very tedious and daunting task. Especially without the help of my husband whose name I sign on the bottom of every card. Hmph! Men I swear.

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us...I was cleaning out my iPod and I found the oddest thing I might have written. Apparently I like stalking people because I can't think of any other reason I might have written this.. but here is what I found.

Sunday, November 12th, 2006, Location: Cyber Café, InfoCommons, Snell Library
Midterm week had just begun and students were filing in with hopeless looks on their faces as they walked into Snell Library. I decided to follow suit and see what college students did when they were under pressure from their academic superiors. I found a comfy black arm chair in Cyber Café in the far corner. I pulled out my laptop and started taking notes. I looked like any of the other students with my piles of notebooks, loose leaf paper and five rainbow colored highlighters scattered around me. I choose this setting since I would have had the smallest chance of being detected since I blended in so well. In the end, I too am a college student, who was writing something on her laptop, every now and then staring up into space and at other people with a glazed over look and then back at my computer screen vigorously typing away.

What I saw and noticed.
What I concluded as I observed people’s actions was that people either come to Cyber Café to do some hardcore studying or to pretend they are doing some hardcore studying. Usually when students came in groups, more than one, they spent the evening talking about their projects for about ¼ of the time and complaining about their life, boyfriend, or the latest movie for the other ¾‘s of the time. They become preoccupied with other things rather than the assignment or impeding test they had. When students came into the Café alone they worked studiously for a prolonged period of time and then they might have taken a break, but they always came back and started religiously studying again. Also people who came in with a laptop did less work.
Why I would write this.. who knows.. maybe for a class. But it was funny to read my antics as a psychotic student.

Did you know?
  • Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
  • Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
  • Cats, Camels, and Giraffes are the only animals in the world that walk right foot, right foot, left foot, left foot, rather than Right foot, Left foot.
  • Canadians are allowed to send letters with personalized postage stamps showing their own photos on each stamp.
  • When offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people write their own name.
Also I found a cute definition:
Marriage - It's an agreement in which a man loses his bachelor degree and a woman gains her master.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abizer said...

Guess who is the master!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course its khushboo... ;)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home