Sunday, April 01, 2007

Here's a joke...So a girl walks into a bar......Finally.

Finally my little refugee turned 21.. it was a long awaited celebration which everyone even mother nature showed up for. It just so happened that Ann's birthday was the same day as the blizzard that we had here in Beantown. So on the eve of her birthday we decided to brave the foot deep snow piles and go for dinner and clubbing with our newly inducted "legal" queen.

Our first stop was Laurel's Bar and Grill in Backbay..
We, of course arrived late due to the weather inclinations on our driving, and only had about 10 seconds to order our meals since the kitchen closed at 10PM... um have you ever heard of a restaurant closing so damn early.. I guess my family never really got used to eating at 6 in the afternoon like some of my friends did...so I am still temperamental about the issue. After a dinner which surprisingly was quite good, we decided to surprise the birthday girl with her custom made cake... let's just say her squeal fit right in with the theme...

Well that was the cake we had gotten her... evil giggle. Yes it does have a large, black, phallus, on the top.

After a belly warming supper...
  • Which consisted of Jane spilling her drink all over the table.. and pretending the remainder of dinner that our elbows, and outfits weren't wet...
  • And our numerous glamor shots with the birthday girl, which most likely caused most of the other elderly patrons to go blind or exhibit catatonic seizures later on in the evening
  • Not to forget...me ruining my awesomely cute dress because I had to pair it with a grotesque pair of brown, hiking boots just to walk outdoors to find my black stallion. (neigh)
  • Not to mention the amusing Gay wedding reception which was taking place at the restaurant that same night. I must say.. Boston is a very amusing town..
  • After all that rambunctious laughter and mischief we headed to our next destination.
Our next destination was none other than Gypsy Bar, in Boston Commons. Now I really haven't been to many clubs or bars...but even with my limited scope of the playing field, I can say that this bar was pretty cool. It had a jellyfish tank.. and for someone who gets amused so easily by homocercal creatures (fish)... I was rooted to my spot watching the heavenly, masses moving rhythmically around in their tank. Sad I know..

And yes I know, jellyfish aren't fish..

The club was fun.. with the birthday gal dancing the night away... in her semi-conscience state. It was interesting since the city was in a state of emergency.. and the clubbing district was still open. Surprise surprise. The club, which usually would have had an hour wait outside before the bouncer would even bother spitting on your ID.... let us in without so much as a second glance. It was spacious and nice to say the least. Not to many people were there but it wasn't as if it was just us and the staff either. Overall, the night was intriguing with its snowball fights, impromptu dance lessons, old men hitting on us (and I mean at least 50 year olds...), running around a structural beam... where the wallflowers hung out, and lasting memories ending with lines such as "why don't you dance with yourself..."

Ohh.. college life.. I must say. Here is a picture of me eating the black phallus. They needed an adult to show the younger generation apparently how it was done.
Keera, Ann, Me, and Chica at Gypsy Bar... with the birthday girl wearing her customary crown.

Hersey's Dark Chocolate and Carmel Swirl smiling for a "marriage" photo...
Me, Si, and Ann
Me looking not amused...can't have an album without one of those photographs.. now can we.
Ciao...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww...special memories

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home