Wednesday, December 06, 2006

"Here lies me"

I was sitting in a computer lab on campus today. Instead of writing my paper I wrote a short story. I couldn't help it, I guess my mind was in the gutter to begin with, so the paper was out of question but something imaginative wasn't.


As the wind blew furiously across the drenched pavement, she continued to walk with her head downcast. She was in a world of her own, ignorant of the trees and their dance with the wind, and the curious stares from passerby's. She turned down an alleyway with its delicate cobwebs bracing themselves in the wind, but she was ignorant. Silent tears streamed down.. begging to be noticed and rubbed away. They raced to her chin and dared the other to drop. But she was ignorant. She continued with her slow heavy steps, through the abandoned alleyway, until she reached the city cementary. She pushed open the rusted, age-old gates with a shaking hand and continued into the quiet, untouched world ahead of her. Where everything was forgotten, where everything was dead. She stopped in front of a small tombstone, which unlike the others wasn't adorned with fresh flowers, and freed from the grasps of weeds. She knelt in front and took a feeble hand and rubbed the dirt that had settled on the engraved words. She openly wept now, trying to gulp down air between the thunderous sobs that shook her body. "Here lies me..," she finally whispered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home