Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snip...Snip..ohh look at that shirt...

Snip...snip… “hmm I think a little bit shorter in the front”...
snip... snip… “A little bit more please”...
snip... snip... “Hmm...I think if...
CHOP... “Hey!

Yes, so it's apparently evident that I got a haircut today. It's basically the same, mind-numbing overall look, just got it hacked a bit shorter. Not too short so don’t get your knickers in a bunch now. Oh, but it feels so much lighter and I feel so liberated…Slap. Sorry I am back to normal again.

In this perpetual state of snow emergency warnings, I decided to go to the mall today, to make a return. Obviously a very bad idea with all of the manic Christmas shoppers ravaging the clothing racks. It's scary my friends. Watching otherwise normal and sane individuals salivating from their mouths with bloodshot eyes...like I said its frightening reminds me of a movie I saw today...


I happened to see the movie "I am Legend" starring Will Smith today, which was adapted from the 1954 novel by revered sci-fi/fantasy author and storied Twilight Zone scribe Richard Matheson. And honestly if any one's going to be the last man on Earth, then Will Smith seems like the ideal candidate to me.

SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE


In the opening a television news report hails a medical breakthrough -- a viral cure for cancer, no less. Cut to New York three years later: abandoned cars, no one in sight, grass growing waist-high around Times Square. Apparently something has gone very, very wrong.

He's not quite alone though and you get that ominous feeling with his ritualistic lifestyle governed by the stopwatch he wears. Robert Neville (Will Smith) patrols Fifth Avenue in his Mustang with Sam, a German Shepherd, broadcasting into the void, then returning home to his Washington Square townhouse to put up the shutters before nightfall. They both happen to have been immune to the virus, his dog is randomly immune to the airborne version.

Why does he close the metallic shutters at sunset...eerily enough you find out soon enough. It's when the “Dark Seekers” venture out: feral, contaminated people with a rabid appetite for flesh but with no pupil dilation reflex to protect them against sunlight.

It was a great, suspenseful movie and I would recommend it to everyone. I literally hopped out of my seat numerous times, scaring not only Sejal but the random people whom I happened to kick with my foot as well. Oops. I feel in love with Will Smith and wanted to adopt Samantha, the German Shepherd. Definitely a must see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home