Monday, June 01, 2009

Why did I ever let you hold me?

For those of you that don't know, I teach 9th/10th grade Science.

Well, one day one of my students came up to me and asked me to proofread a poem he had been working on. I couldn't resist.

After I finished reading his work... I was in awe. He wrote quite well for his age. Sparked by the innovative curiosity his work had ignited in myself I sat and penned my very first poem.

"Why Did I Ever Let You Hold Me?"
At the time it didn't mean a thing...
When did my tears start drowning me.
I didn't even realize I had strayed from love...
This time it was different though.

I had never allowed myself to get hurt.
I never leave myself open to love.
When did I end up the victim?
How did I get into this condition..

Dear God,
How did I end up here with you.
When did I let it get so personal.
I'm too proud to let anyone save me.

But I can't get rid of this condition.
I don't have experience being on the other side.
My mind is gone... numb in grief.
How did I get here with you?

~*[Khush]*~


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home